With a little planning, you can help your boys earn the religious knot from Scouting while they are in the Bear program. The Faith in God requirements meet the requirements for achievements and electives. (Click here for a link Faith in God online.)
Faith in God guidelines are to do two requirements each year from each section. This fits nicely with the Wolf and Bear requirements and allows the boy to earn Bear Achievement 2. I've put together a tracking chart that lists each requirement and what Wolf, Bear, an Weblos achievements and electives each item fits with. Feel free to download this chart and use it. The chart can be passed along to each scout leader when the boy moves to another program as well as copied and given to the parents.
Faith in God Requirements
Learning the Gospel (do two as a Wolf and two as a Bear)
* Teach the First Vision in family home evening and discuss prayer
* Give opening and closing prayer in primary or family home evening
* Share story from Book of Mormon that teaches faith in Christ
* Make a pedigree chart and family group sheet; discuss temple work
* Write letter to parents, grandparents or teacher express thanks and respect
* Read the 12th Article of Faith and discuss your actions.
* Write poem, story, or short play about Gospel principle or one of God's creations